All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:06 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Dolphins beat writer Omar Kelly was recently on the Big O show. For those of you who don't know about Big O, his name is Orlando Alzugaray. He's a local sports talk radio host and has been covering the Dolphins for over 20 years. I listen to his show a lot and I've also had the pleasure of watching it live from local sports bars. He basically ripped Flores to shreds in this interview with Omar Kelly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/ ... on_flores/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Thanks for sharing, 'choke.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:48 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

A summary of what was said from Terbmagic:

I agree with A LOT that Big O is saying.

Flores just thought he could control the entire lineup and make all decisions for the team. He basically high jacked the GM and undermined the defensive coaches.

Flores didn't want herbert or Tua. Forced Brissett, even putting Tua on IR unnecessarily and drug testing him constantly.

He REALLY struggled finding ANY assistant coaches. The offensive line coach is a joke (3rd in 3 years). The offensive coordinators are a double joke (3rd in 3 years and now its 2 guys working together wtf).

He #@&% up Ryan Fitzpatrick DIRTY when he was supposed to mentor and teach Tua. Took him out the week after Fitzpatrick's mother died.

He drove Kenny Stills out of town with the Jay Z thing

The GM, Grier, has connections with Saban from alabama. Saban told him Minkah Fitzpatrick was the smartest player hes ever coached and to draft him. He does. Flores gets in arguments with Minkah Fitzpatrick and drives out of town.

He demanded we sign Van Noy and Eric Rowe, so GM signs them for 2 year contracts. They get in arguments so Flores demands they are cut from the team and we pay the salaries for the 2nd year.

He cut jakeem grant but apparently didn't have a backup plan. So he had tryouts DURING games for punt returner and kick returner.

He wanted Watson so bad so he demanded we sign Fuller. Who never played for us because we didn't get Watson.

He never once committed to Tua, so much so that he FORCED tua onto IR so he can play his choice of Brissett, who absolutely sucked and went 0-4.

Ereck Flowers said he couldn't work with Flores any longer. GM forced to cut him. The backup Austin Jackson is the lowest rated offensive lineman of all time.

Gesicki was FURIOUS at flores for keeping him at 50% snap counts. It was actually crazy. He did the same thing with Mack Hollins, who I joke makes 1 game saving play per game then you never see him again. The team voted him a TEAM CAPTAIN as a #@&% you to flores.

it's just the coaching was a disaster to start the season. Disaster. You lost to Jacksonville...Urban Meyer out schemed you.

That Titans game...lol its freezing cold. Windy as hell. Raining. Potential SLEET warning its so cold and windy.

What's the game plan?

SURELY ITS NOT HAVE TUA THROW IT 38 TIMES AND DUKE 7 CARRIES

Not to mention what the hell is Flores record on challenges? 1 for 34? I don't think I can recall a single one that went our way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:51 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

^^^^

Big O doesn't play around when it comes to the flaws in this franchise. It seems that new ones are popping up every hour.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:03 am 

Wow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Flores just thought he could control the entire lineup and make all decisions for the team. He basically high jacked the GM and undermined the defensive coaches.

Flores didn't want herbert or Tua. Forced Brissett, even putting Tua on IR unnecessarily and drug testing him constantly.

He REALLY struggled finding ANY assistant coaches. The offensive line coach is a joke (3rd in 3 years). The offensive coordinators are a double joke (3rd in 3 years and now its 2 guys working together wtf).

He #@&% up Ryan Fitzpatrick DIRTY when he was supposed to mentor and teach Tua. Took him out the week after Fitzpatrick's mother died.

The GM, Grier, has connections with Saban from alabama. Saban told him Minkah Fitzpatrick was the smartest player hes ever coached and to draft him. He does. Flores gets in arguments with Minkah Fitzpatrick and drives out of town.

He demanded we sign Van Noy and Eric Rowe, so GM signs them for 2 year contracts. They get in arguments so Flores demands they are cut from the team and we pay the salaries for the 2nd year.

He cut jakeem grant but apparently didn't have a backup plan. So he had tryouts DURING games for punt returner and kick returner.

He wanted Watson so bad so he demanded we sign Fuller. Who never played for us because we didn't get Watson.

He never once committed to Tua, so much so that he FORCED tua onto IR so he can play his choice of Brissett, who absolutely sucked and went 0-4.

Ereck Flowers said he couldn't work with Flores any longer. GM forced to cut him. The backup Austin Jackson is the lowest rated offensive lineman of all time.

Gesicki was FURIOUS at flores for keeping him at 50% snap counts. It was actually crazy. He did the same thing with Mack Hollins, who I joke makes 1 game saving play per game then you never see him again. The team voted him a TEAM CAPTAIN as a #@&% you to flores.

it's just the coaching was a disaster to start the season. Disaster. You lost to Jacksonville...Urban Meyer out schemed you.

That Titans game...lol its freezing cold. Windy as hell. Raining. Potential SLEET warning its so cold and windy.

What's the game plan?

Not to mention what the hell is Flores record on challenges? 1 for 34? I don't think I can recall a single one that went our way.

Many of us suspected there were big problems with the coach…..

But by all means, stay the course! :haha :hithead:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I was wrong about Flo. Now that all this has come out, it's easy to see that firing him was the right decision.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

This shows why Grier was retained. The guy has a decent track record with draft picks. I don't fault him for Tua because the owner desperately wanted him and the coach originally was on board. Then you factor in the mess that Tannenbaum created (who hovered over Grier like a nervous parent).

This team needs a lot of work on offense but they could be primed for a nice season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:14 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

jammer wrote:
This shows why Grier was retained. The guy has a decent track record with draft picks. I don't fault him for Tua because the owner desperately wanted him and the coach originally was on board. Then you factor in the mess that Tannenbaum created (who hovered over Grier like a nervous parent).

This team needs a lot of work on offense but they could be primed for a nice season.

They managed to win nine games with all the internal turmoil. Imagine what can happen if they get the offensive line solidified and upgrade the running game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
jammer wrote:

They managed to win nine games with all the internal turmoil. Imagine what can happen if they get the offensive line solidified and upgrade the running game.

The only factor I'm "concerned" about in this, is everybody is forgetting who ran the defense. But then again, Rich posted something... or someone did... showing how poorly they plaed against the better offensive teams in the league. I can't remember those stats but they were pretty eye opening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The media’s overall reaction to his firing discredited them even more. They paint their own version of this to create drama. They don’t know what the hell goes on inside Davie, they’re vultures.

They set untrue, slanderous fire to stories like this then just move on. I had time the other day and caught a few min of Cowherd and that Jersey shore broad he has on his show…they trashed Rodgers like he was a villain. And over what, the vaxxxx? Come on. The media is so vindictive.

Overpaid losers. Colin Cowherd wishes he was Aaron Rodgers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:50 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
The media’s overall reaction to his firing discredited them even more. They paint their own version of this to create drama. They don’t know what the hell goes on inside Davie, they’re vultures.

They set untrue, slanderous fire to stories like this then just move on. I had time the other day and caught a few min of Cowherd and that Jersey shore broad he has on his show…they trashed Rodgers like he was a villain. And over what, the vaxxxx? Come on. The media is so vindictive.

Be careful, you'll go down saying stuff like that. Just like them Oath Keepers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Colin Cowherd wishes he was Aaron Rodgers.

Couldn't agree more. A lot of these "journalists" are angry they never cut the mustard in sports so they take it out on athletes who did.

We currently have angry, vindictive nerds running the world.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:09 pm 

I don't fault Grier for picking Tua either as it was the right call.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:11 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

Yes, yes, yes and YES. My god man…all these clowns with useless, cushy media mouth gigs are all giddy over vax mandates and getting paid to talk about it all day while everyone else has to live in reality. It’s the smugness that drives me against them…some of the worst people this country has to offer are media clouts.

Once the real party kicks off and we finally get WW3 I’d be sending all of them the draft bill first. They’d kiss the ring.

:haha

Cowherd has the perfect physical attributes to stay alive on the front lines…he’s not a big guy at all, as long as he keeps moving and wears his tap dancing shoes he could probably make it out alive as long as his hand-eye coordination keeps up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:09 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

Yes, it was. In fact, most draft analysts said that if not for the concerns about injuries, Tua would have been rated the #1 QB on the board. The Chargers just got lucky on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Oh please. While the firing was justified the character assasination is not. Butin typical South Florida fashion the media and fans suck up to those who are staying.
Grier and Ross is as bad as it gets.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:49 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

jammer wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Colin Cowherd wishes he was Aaron Rodgers.

Couldn't agree more. A lot of these "journalists" are angry they never cut the mustard in sports so they take it out on athletes who did.

Especially a guy like CowTURD. As far as hack sports journalists go, he's one of the most notorious. He'll trash any athlete in order to get listeners and clicks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:33 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
Oh please. While the firing was justified the character assasination is not. Butin typical South Florida fashion the media and fans suck up to those who are staying.

Is it all character assassination, or do people now feel the release to now talk about it? In some cases, they fired him and are showing the proof. The Big O has been talking about Flores' character flaws for most of this year, and we've seen Flores go through coaches like changing underwear. He may be able to get a head coaching job easily based on two consecutive winning years and sweeping 'Cheat this year, but good luck to him getting experienced coaches.

As I said with Gase, and I am saying it about Flores, he needs to take a year or two off from coaching and reflect on what worked and what didn't. He is still under contract with the Dolphins, so, I'd take a paid vacation. But, you know how it is, I am sure he sees it not his fault and he will continue to kick people in the crotch and say it is their fault.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Never liked the hire. I always say never hire a Belichick coordinator and never draft a Saban QB. After the firing everyone was team Flores. Grier should not have a job as well. You can bet once he is gone the claws of the media and fans will come out as well. But for now since he is here sides have been drawn and sucking up has begun. Just more proof what a terrible fan base this is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:25 pm 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

FINesse wrote:
Never liked the hire. I always say never hire a Belichick coordinator and never draft a Saban QB. After the firing everyone was team Flores. Grier should not have a job as well. You can bet once he is gone the claws of the media and fans will come out as well. But for now since he is here sides have been drawn and sucking up has begun. Just more proof what a terrible fan base this is.

One of the greatest joys I get from this website is your rat smoking a cigarette picture. Its like something out of the 80s and brings me back to a politically incorrect time.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
FINesse wrote:

One of the greatest joys I get from this website is your rat smoking a cigarette picture. Its like something out of the 80s and brings me back to a politically incorrect time.

Thank you.

Your very welcome. In case you are wondering about it. In a past life (it does seem that way) I pal'd around in NYC with a bunch of bands , some before they found their fame and others during their hey day. Not going to mention who as it would come off as name dropping. But that logo is of the greatest band you never heard of called The Good Rats. Good friends of mine but on the verge of really making it big , members got the call to move on and play in Kiss and Billy Joels band. Oh well what could have been. My homage to them. You are spot on with your 80s assessment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:47 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
Rich wrote:

What's the game plan?

I’m sorry but that’s chicken
You don’t know any more than the rest of us so quit playing like your some amazing prognosticator.
You crapped on the coach, the GM, Waddle, and Tua. It’s easy to crap on folks because the odds are ever in your favor.
Ya you happened to be right about Flores needing to go, but don’t pretend it’s because you had any clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

That’s because they’re all a bunch of piece crap liberals who wallow in their own bull crap. It’s all about striking the right “tone” and speaking the right words to fit in with the SJWs. None of it is substance or fact, just social credits for being woke.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

You’re not wrong but the media leaks may not be wrong either. They come out now because it’s convenient, but that doesn’t make the untrue.
I agree with you about Ross, not sure about Grier though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

AQNOR wrote:

It was the correct call at the time. Now two yrs later and fans love playing revionist forgetting all the questions Herbert had about him coming into the 2020 draft. It appears Herbert would have been the better call.

Saying that Herbert's numbers are better, but the results are the same. He is watching playoffs games with a much better supporting cast. IMO there is no way Herbert is this awesome in the Miami O.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Rich wrote:

What's the game plan?

I’m sorry but that’s chicken
You don’t know any more than the rest of us so quit playing like your some amazing prognosticator.
You crapped on the coach, the GM, Waddle, and Tua. It’s easy to crap on folks because the odds are ever in your favor.
Ya you happened to be right about Flores needing to go, but don’t pretend it’s because you had any clue.

So wrong….and insults are not cogent arguments. Search the forum posts over the last year and yes, you will see I questioned whether or not the coach had control of the locker room. Now we see he was an overbearing, heavy handed egomaniac. I was all in on tank for Tua till that horrible injury he got at Alabama and I did not want the team to draft him. I also praised his play many times on this board. He might yet be the guy. He showed a lot of toughness at times. I just do not know whether or not the team will ever be able to run anything other than RPO with him as the QB. I guess if the running game and D are light out, then that is enough. Waddle is a good player for sure, but we already had Jarvis Landry. Waddle was supposed to be incredibly elusive and a huge threat after the catch. The numbers do not show it. It might be the system, but he caught the football plenty…where is all that YAC….he was under 10 YPC. Maybe that improves with a new scheme, better line and maybe even another QB…but we have other receivers averaging better. They play in the same scheme. We need a dependable #1 WR….Still. Also, if Flores was the guy who caused this team to continue to suck at putting together an O line and Grier just went along to get along, then shame on them both. Are you really confident in Grier? I am not. Maybe the next coach will be the missing piece of the puzzle, but Grier has been a ringleader in this circus for a long time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:51 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

We were wrong about Flores being someone we could win with.

The jury is still out on Tua and Grier IMO. Too much conflicting data to sort out.

Let's hope we get the right answer at the HC position this time and we can finally find clarity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 am 

Phinished wrote:

So wrong….and insults are not cogent arguments. Search the forum posts over the last year and yes, you will see I questioned whether or not the coach had control of the locker room. Now we see he was an overbearing, heavy handed egomaniac. I was all in on tank for Tua till that horrible injury he got at Alabama and I did not want the team to draft him. I also praised his play many times on this board. He might yet be the guy. He showed a lot of toughness at times. I just do not know whether or not the team will ever be able to run anything other than RPO with him as the QB. I guess if the running game and D are light out, then that is enough. Waddle is a good player for sure, but we already had Jarvis Landry. Waddle was supposed to be incredibly elusive and a huge threat after the catch. The numbers do not show it. It might be the system, but he caught the football plenty…where is all that YAC….he was under 10 YPC. Maybe that improves with a new scheme, better line and maybe even another QB…but we have other receivers averaging better. They play in the same scheme. We need a dependable #1 WR….Still. Also, if Flores was the guy who caused this team to continue to suck at putting together an O line and Grier just went along to get along, then shame on them both. Are you really confident in Grier? I am not. Maybe the next coach will be the missing piece of the puzzle, but Grier has been a ringleader in this circus for a long time.

Talk about revisionist history. You make it sound like oh you were just a little concerned about Tua's injury. When in actuality you went on and on and .... (It would take to many more "on and on's to really convey your going after Tua on this board so ill stop there) about Tua, hijacking threads saying qbs like Brisette would be better, lying about how Fitz would throw the ball to Gesciki and Tua would not and many other things against Tua. You were relentless. You did post a very few positive things about Tua but compared to the vitriolic volume of anti-Tua posts it was miniscule.

Waddle is the only wr getting separation and the oline does not give any QB time to throw downfield.
While the RPO was run by Dolphins at a higher rate than most nfl teams (I think 2 teams ran more rpo than phins) it was run less than half the O plays and around 30% or less of total O plays if I remember correctly. So majority of o is not rpo. So Tua can and does do more than just run rpo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:45 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

:dropthemic

#facts

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]