All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
prof123 wrote:
But I'm sure she was exasperated from answering silly questions from people with IQs at least a standard deviation below hers. Maintaining grace and calmness during such a charade is very hard to do.


If this was a charade, how would you define the democratic vulture pack picking apart Kavanaugh like roadkill back in Sept of 2018? Do you drink beer on weekdays? Huh? Do ya punk? Corey Booker is a national travesty treasure.

I don’t identify with either party but from the outside looking in, Republicans are only matching the ridiculous tone the left has set for years now. Kinda like Newton’s Law. The left only amps up the volume of their own absurdities every single year.


I knew someone would bring that up. Kavanaugh was facing a pretty serious charge. I'm pretty sure that he would have been grilled about that regardless of which party he was in. That was not the case with Jackson (though, as I said, I think questions about her judicial decisions regarding child pornography and such were certainly fair game).

As an aside, there is little doubt in my mind that Kavanaugh was guilty of something that night. It was a different era and stuff like that was pretty commonplace, especially when drinking was involved. And Kavanaugh admitted that he drank a lot. I suspect that Kavanaugh has no memory of the incident, because he was drunk. Having said that, he should have been able to say that, and it should not have been held against him. Here is where the Left overplayed things, IMO. They left no room for an honest answer along the lines of "I really don't remember. That very will is something I could have done while drunk. I'm embarrassed by it, if I did. I was 19. I've grown up a lot since then." He knew he would be crucified if he admitted that, and I think that is a shame. We all did things at that age we are ashamed of and Supreme Court justices are no exception. (Now, Trump's comments made as a middle aged man about grabbing woman's pu**ies is another matter altogether -- that is harder to excuse, IMO.)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
prof123 wrote:
As an aside, there is little doubt in my mind that Kavanaugh was guilty of something that night. It was a different era and stuff like that was pretty commonplace, especially when drinking was involved. And Kavanaugh admitted that he drank a lot. I suspect that Kavanaugh has no memory of the incident, because he was drunk. Having said that, he should have been able to say that, and it should not have been held against him. Here is where the Left overplayed things, IMO. They left no room for an honest answer along the lines of "I really don't remember. That very will is something I could have done while drunk. I'm embarrassed by it, if I did. I was 19. I've grown up a lot since then." He knew he would be crucified if he admitted that, and I think that is a shame. We all did things at that age we are ashamed of and Supreme Court justices are no exception. (Now, Trump's comments made as a middle aged man about grabbing woman's pu**ies is another matter altogether -- that is harder to excuse, IMO.)


You think he definitely did something even though the accusers own friends couldn't corroborate her story?

https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/christine ... ccusation/

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
The Kavanaugh case was clearly a full on character assassination play. The ideological tilt of the Supreme Court hung in the balance. There is absolutely no way the Democrats were not going to bring all the knives out.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Subsequently, Munri-Leighton recanted her charge and admitted she had never met Kavanaugh. "I was angry, and I sent it out," she said.


https://reason.com/2018/11/05/brett-kav ... alse-rape/

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
Here is an article titled "21 Reasons Not To Believe Christine Blasey Ford’s Claims About Justice Kavanaugh"

I've listed the 21 reasons. You can get specifics from the link:

Quote:
1. There Is No Evidence that Ford and Kavanaugh Ever Met

2. Leland Keyser Said She Did Not Have ‘Any Confidence’ in Her Friend’s Story

3. Friends Pressured Keyser to Change Her Story


4. All Alleged Witnesses Strongly Dispute the Claim

5. Ford’s Father Supported Kavanaugh’s Confirmation

6. Ford Doesn’t Know the Location

7. Ford Doesn’t Know How She Arrived

8. Ford Does Not Know How She Got Home

9. Ford Does Not Know the Date or Even What Time of Week

10. Ford Somehow Remembers She Had Only One Beer, But Not Other Details

11. Kavanaugh’s Contemporaneous Calendars Support His Claim

12. Ford Changed the Date of the Incident by Years from Her Initial Stories

13. Character Witnesses from the Time Support Kavanaugh

14. Ford’s First Mention of Kavanaugh’s Name is 2012, After He Became a National Figure

15. False Claims Were Made about Ford’s Inability to Fly

16. Ford Scrubbed Her Social Media

17. Ford Said She Wanted to Stay Confidential, But First Call Was to Washington Post

18. Ford’s Attorney Admitted a Motive of Desiring an Asterisk by Kavanaugh’s Name

19. Ford Has Benefited Politically, Financially, and Socially

20. Nothing in Kavanaugh’s Past Remotely Similar to the Claim for 37 Years

21. Memory Manipulation?


https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/02/21 ... kavanaugh/

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Blaisley Ford would be in prison in a just society. Or a one way bus ticket to China since the left enjoys them so much.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
Rich wrote:
Here is an article titled "21 Reasons Not To Believe Christine Blasey Ford’s Claims About Justice Kavanaugh"

I've listed the 21 reasons. You can get specifics from the link:

Quote:
1. There Is No Evidence that Ford and Kavanaugh Ever Met

2. Leland Keyser Said She Did Not Have ‘Any Confidence’ in Her Friend’s Story

3. Friends Pressured Keyser to Change Her Story


4. All Alleged Witnesses Strongly Dispute the Claim

5. Ford’s Father Supported Kavanaugh’s Confirmation

6. Ford Doesn’t Know the Location

7. Ford Doesn’t Know How She Arrived

8. Ford Does Not Know How She Got Home

9. Ford Does Not Know the Date or Even What Time of Week

10. Ford Somehow Remembers She Had Only One Beer, But Not Other Details

11. Kavanaugh’s Contemporaneous Calendars Support His Claim

12. Ford Changed the Date of the Incident by Years from Her Initial Stories

13. Character Witnesses from the Time Support Kavanaugh

14. Ford’s First Mention of Kavanaugh’s Name is 2012, After He Became a National Figure

15. False Claims Were Made about Ford’s Inability to Fly

16. Ford Scrubbed Her Social Media

17. Ford Said She Wanted to Stay Confidential, But First Call Was to Washington Post

18. Ford’s Attorney Admitted a Motive of Desiring an Asterisk by Kavanaugh’s Name

19. Ford Has Benefited Politically, Financially, and Socially

20. Nothing in Kavanaugh’s Past Remotely Similar to the Claim for 37 Years

21. Memory Manipulation?


https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/02/21 ... kavanaugh/


Ahh, the Federalist. Well, damn, how could I be so stupid?

Come on, T. You really think I haven't heard all those arguments before? There are surely lists of 21 reasons to believe Ford, too. This list was created by a partisan, for people looking for reasons to not believe her. In reading down the list, I have a counter/objection/explanation for pertty much all of them. We could go back and forth on each one of them. Ultimately, no one is going to change their mind at this point.

Having said that, I think it would have been wrong to keep him off of the S.C. for this incident -- there just wasn't enough evidence. It doesn't change what I think happened, though, that the truth was somewhere in between what the two of them remember/don't remember.

I will add that part of what makes me feel this way was that I witnessed a gang rape (it never actually got to the final act, but lots of groping, tearing of clothes, etc.) when I was about 14, by some older teenage guys with a teen girl. She was absolutely terrified and I have no doubt the incident scarred her for life, even though ultimately there wasn't any kind of sexual penetration. I also suspect that none of the guys involved even remember the incident. They were all half-drunk and probably figured that since there was no sex, it was no big deal. Justy guys having fun at a pig roast. If one of them were accused of this some 40 years later, they could probably plausibly deny it. I don't know if the girl knew any of them or not. I am sure that in her terror, some images and memory are vivid, while others are foggy. She probably had no interest or willingness to live through it all again, which would happen if she pressed charges, so she let it go. But, if one of them suddenly got nominated for the Supreme Court, she might very well have changed her mind. Maybe for revenge, maybe for fame, maybe to keep someone she viewed as a predator out of such an important position ... I dunno. But I could see it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
Rich wrote:
Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

The correct answer is an adult female human being as per defined in any reputable english language dictionary.


After reading this, I think I can understand the response of "I don't know -- I'm not a biologist." I need to track down another source, though, to verify the science stated here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=102 ... 9548760818


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

The correct answer is an adult female human being as per defined in any reputable english language dictionary.


After reading this, I think I can understand the response of "I don't know -- I'm not a biologist." I need to track down another source, though, to verify the science stated here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=102 ... 9548760818



Are we honestly sharing Facebook links to enlighten ourselves on what a woman is?

2+2= 5

Have you ever seen that show called Lie to Me, prof? It was on CBS or one of those big 4 years ago about psychologists employed within the FBI or law enforcement that detect patterns of lying…Blaise Ford would not have gotten past the shows intro credits without having BS written all over her face. That was an eye opening and truly bizarre saga of how modern DC government now shamefully operates.

In short, we are screwed. There are barely any adults left in the room. Among the endless absurdities and stupidity that DC politicians wallow in constantly…the Kavanaugh hearing was the worst of all in my opinion. It was a modern day Salem witch trial. A total farce & embarrassment and it gave me, personally, a crystal clear perspective of how low our government has become. Their dress codes should include clown shoes 5 sizes up so they do nothing but trip over themselves because that’s the only thing these c***s are professionals at.

I have nothing but respect for your willingness to articulate your points..but I think you are naive on Kavanaugh’s situation. I’ll never forget that week. It was so unbelievably gross and disheartening. Democrats are scum, sorry.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
prof123 wrote:

After reading this, I think I can understand the response of "I don't know -- I'm not a biologist." I need to track down another source, though, to verify the science stated here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=102 ... 9548760818



Are we honestly sharing Facebook links to enlighten ourselves on what a woman is?


Did you read it? I'm smart enough to know that there is a lot of garbage on social media. (Conversely, just because something is on social media doesn't make it false.) I acknowledged that I would look for a verifying source. There was stuff on there about chromosomes that I hadn't heard before, and it caught my attention. One needs to be a biologist to understand everything that appeared there, and that was my point.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Have you ever seen that show called Lie to Me, prof? It was on CBS or one of those big 4 years ago about psychologists employed within the FBI or law enforcement that detect patterns of lying…Blaise Ford would not have gotten past the shows intro credits without having BS written all over her face. That was an eye opening and truly bizarre saga of how modern DC government now shamefully operates.

In short, we are screwed. There are barely any adults left in the room. Among the endless absurdities and stupidity that DC politicians wallow in constantly…the Kavanaugh hearing was the worst of all in my opinion. It was a modern day Salem witch trial. A total farce & embarrassment and it gave me, personally, a crystal clear perspective of how low our government has become. Their dress codes should include clown shoes 5 sizes up so they do nothing but trip over themselves because that’s the only thing these c***s are professionals at.

I have nothing but respect for your willingness to articulate your points..but I think you are naive on Kavanaugh’s situation. I’ll never forget that week. It was so unbelievably gross and disheartening. Democrats are scum, sorry.


Yes, I liked that show a lot. I didn't realize you were an expert on determining truth from some one's body language! Thanks for clearing everything up (insert smilie face here).

Everything in your post was fine and worthy of discussion and maybe you are right about Kavanaugh's innocence. Until your last sentence. Democrats are not scum any more than any other political party. We are all flawed humans, just with different things that we prioritize as important.

Also, while 2+2 is never 5, there are instances where 2 + 2 = 3. Take an Abstract Algebra class and you can see where it happens. It makes complete sense to those in the know. Of course, to someone who has never had it explained to them, this would seem like nonsense, and they could jeer all they want about dumb it was. But they would only be showing their ignorance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
prof123 wrote:
Also, while 2+2 is never 5, there are instances where 2 + 2 = 3. Take an Abstract Algebra class and you can see where it happens. It makes complete sense to those in the know. Of course, to someone who has never had it explained to them, this would seem like nonsense, and they could jeer all they want about dumb it was. But they would only be showing their ignorance.


So we are at a point now where abstract algebra classes are a valid explanation of gender? No wonder 2/3rds of these kids graduate college with no clue or handle on life, not knowing what they wanna do when this gender bending doo doo takes up so much of their mental space. People have lost their damn minds. Only the 1st world has time to be capable of delving into this utter nonsense.

Prof, all of this is totally fine and dandy when you pack your book bag in the morning and head to an air conditioned college class with free coffee, but people on the street, in the real world with bills to deal with and no time to “understand” the magical theory of gender bending, do not give a * about any of this.

They want their gov to be mindful of responsible fiscal policy and, ya know…the shhh that actually matters in the real world where these institutionalized, 1st world babies don’t have the time and bubble to cry inside college classroom safe spaces.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
prof123 wrote:
Also, while 2+2 is never 5, there are instances where 2 + 2 = 3. Take an Abstract Algebra class and you can see where it happens. It makes complete sense to those in the know. Of course, to someone who has never had it explained to them, this would seem like nonsense, and they could jeer all they want about dumb it was. But they would only be showing their ignorance.


So we are at a point now where abstract algebra classes are a valid explanation of gender? No wonder 2/3rds of these kids graduate college with no clue or handle on life, not knowing what they wanna do when this gender bending doo doo takes up so much of their mental space. People have lost their darn minds. Only the 1st world has time to be capable of delving into this utter nonsense.

Prof, all of this is totally fine and dandy when you pack your book bag in the morning and head to an air conditioned college class with free coffee, but people on the street, in the real world with bills to deal with and no time to “understand” the magical theory of gender bending, do not give a * about any of this.

They want their gov to be mindful of responsible fiscal policy and, ya know…the shhh that actually matters in the real world where these institutionalized, 1st world babies don’t have the time and bubble to cry inside college classroom safe spaces.


Huh? I didn't say abstract algebra has anything to do with explaining gender. I was just pointing out that usually things are more complicated than they appear on the surface, but most people don't have time or interest to be informed about such nuances.

I do agree with your second paragraph. Most people don't care. Most people don't care whether signs are in Braille, either, but there are some laws that require it. (Seems like a waste of money to me.) It is a tension we must hold in a country like this one. We need a working society that is good for most people, but we do think it is also important to hear the needs of those in the minority, and do what we can, within reason. Of course we all have different ideas of what is reasonable, which is fine. We have elections that ensure we don't ever go too far in either direction, and we swing back and forth, as a country.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Well, modern liberal ideology will be the inevitable death of the USA so enjoy the feelings brigade while it lasts. Our ancestors bled for this bull**** 80 years ago in Europe. Thank god that total war effort gave millennials & gen x the comfort to cook all of this bull**** up.

Put all these soft kids to work and give them the option to dip outta high school & get to work if the system ain’t working for them because our education system is among many roots in this. We have a bloated industry of self-important, academic, book obsessed nerds who are equipped with their own blissful self righteousness while at the same time are almost perfectly and 100% unequipped, too naive, soft & ignorant to deal with the real world or any institution that is outside a school campus with no HR dept, influencing all of these disastrous social policies.

I don’t have enough adjectives to describe these fruit baskets. Liberals get their fingers dirty and meddle in everything, why do California floozie weirdos care about laws in Alabama? Give me the gavel and I’ll make all of their 2016 dreams come true…set ‘em up on a one way floating pontoon bus overseas Cuban refugee style, slap tue expenses on the tax docket and have them go literally anywhere BUT here. Maybe toss in a Starbucks vendor on the pontoon bus to encourage a few more of them to climb aboard.

Republicans in power can kiss the ground too but their agenda and status quo is nothing close to the hideous, world-eating social albatross that is the modern democrat party. There will come a time where there will no longer be any valid concession between these people with the other half of the country. They’ve burnt down every bridge.

Dayum this shh is exhausting.

:haha

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Dayum this shh is exhausting.



No kidding.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 278&type=3


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
I definitely don't have the vigor to get into online debates about politics that I used to. It's all BS anyway. Two sides of the same coin.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
Rich wrote:
I definitely don't have the vigor to get into online debates about politics that I used to. It's all BS anyway. Two sides of the same coin.


I still do it, but with far fewer people. I am much more selective, generally only debating with people who I think are open-minded enough to consider something from a new perspective or who I feel offer me new insight I hadn't considered. Debating with strangers is definitely a waste of time.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Rich wrote:
I definitely don't have the vigor to get into online debates about politics that I used to. It's all BS anyway. Two sides of the same coin.


Excuses excuses…

Pansy.

:haha

prof123 wrote:
I am much more selective, generally only debating with people who I think are open-minded enough to consider something from a new perspective or who I feel offer me new insight I hadn't considered. Debating with strangers is definitely a waste of time.


I wholly disagree with most of what you’ve said but again, will always appreciate your willingness to articulate & engage without the kitty nonsense that is 99% of the political airwaves nowadays. Nothing but respect. Agree to disagree.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
I definitely don't have the vigor to get into online debates about politics that I used to. It's all BS anyway. Two sides of the same coin.


Excuses excuses…

Pansy.

:haha

prof123 wrote:
I am much more selective, generally only debating with people who I think are open-minded enough to consider something from a new perspective or who I feel offer me new insight I hadn't considered. Debating with strangers is definitely a waste of time.


I wholly disagree with most of what you’ve said but again, will always appreciate your willingness to articulate & engage without the kitty nonsense that is 99% of the political airwaves nowadays. Nothing but respect. Agree to disagree.


Ditto, on all of it! Thanks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24578
Location: Raleigh, NC
I'm trying to find a place to post this. Since this is about Flores, why not here.



Carry on ...

:haha

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Flores is a bumbling fool. His cagey lawyer team will be scrapping thru every last piece of Article 5 point ZA blah blah blah to use any kinda written word to prop up this dead duck of a case.

Screw Flores & his entire camp. People can virtue signal around the league to avoid any social repercussion but deep down…nobody will want to hire this guy to any kinda real overseer position after all of this. It’s pathetic.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r