All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8863
Quote:
Per Florio, two more teams will be named in the lawsuit after it’s amended. They are “not necessarily” teams that brought on coaches during the 2022 coaching cycle.

...

John Mara who is the co-owner of the NY Giants said on Sunday he will not settle the Brian Flores lawsuit. ...

We’re very comfortable with our hiring process. It was a fair process and we ended up making the decision that we made based on a lot of factors, none of which had to do with race.” ...



https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/03/breaki ... to-settle/

Mara is probably in trouble now because he admitted his hiring process was not influenced by race and it appears to me if that is the case you are already guilty. It seems race is more and more becoming a if not the most important factor.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:23 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 738
I wanna address the supposed "racism" in hiring.

I disagree with this whole idea of equality, affirmative action, Rooney Rule, etc... It doesn't matter what ethnic background you are, the fact is, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I know in this society, you have your haves and have nots. That's just how it is. I know some people have it worse than others simply because of the neighborhood they live in, family history, etc... I'm part Caucasian/part Hispanic and I grew up in the Westchester area of Miami which is working class. I can remember my dad dragging me out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday saying I'm going with him to cut grass and blow leaves off driveways which he did on weekends to make extra money after working all week maintaining office buildings. I remember being sent to my grandparents for a holiday weekend so my parents could get out of town, and their vacation was a cheap mom and pop hotel near a beach on the Gulf Coast because that's all they could afford. I remember my junior and senior year of high school being coerced by my parents to do the "shared time" program with Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute so I could learn a trade because they told me they didn't have the money to put me through college and weren't taking out loans for me. I ended up choosing HVAC (back then it was A/C). I remember at the age of nineteen going to work in my uncle's HVAC business which he founded and my first day he looked me in the eye and said, "You will get no special treatment here but I will make sure you have what all my other employees have... the knowledge and the tools to put in top quality work." And I remember the day my uncle called me into his office nearly twenty years later and told me I was his top field technician which is why he always sent me to the hardest jobs or to the "big fish" clients and that he was hanging up his tools for good and trusted me enough to take over.

Now I own my own business and I'm doing quite well. I'm going to hire whom I feel is the most qualified person for the job, regardless of if they are black, white, yellow, red or blue. For the life of me, I can't understand why I should be forced to interview someone who obviously isn't qualified just because they are a certain race. But that is what the NFL is forcing owners to do with the Rooney Rule. It's THEIR team which makes it THEIR business that they put THEIR time and money into. No outside entity should force race to be a factor, EVER. Period and end of discussion.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Great post, Art. There is no greater issue of this than what’s going on inside the Supreme Court nomination process right now with Ketanji Jackson..Biden woke up one morning and decided he wanted to check the black and female box. Nobody in democrat land says a peep or mention of Clarence Thomas (black dude) being installed as a SC judge already for decades…yet they don’t care because he doesn’t have that shameful (D) tramp stamp attached to him like a leech.

By the way, any “biologists” out there in Phinfever land that can describe to me what a woman is? Because a prospective Supreme Court judge doesn’t have a clue..

_________________
Image


Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I wanna address the supposed "racism" in hiring.

I disagree with this whole idea of equality, affirmative action, Rooney Rule, etc... It doesn't matter what ethnic background you are, the fact is, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I know in this society, you have your haves and have nots. That's just how it is. I know some people have it worse than others simply because of the neighborhood they live in, family history, etc... I'm part Caucasian/part Hispanic and I grew up in the Westchester area of Miami which is working class. I can remember my dad dragging me out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday saying I'm going with him to cut grass and blow leaves off driveways which he did on weekends to make extra money after working all week maintaining office buildings. I remember being sent to my grandparents for a holiday weekend so my parents could get out of town, and their vacation was a cheap mom and pop hotel near a beach on the Gulf Coast because that's all they could afford. I remember my junior and senior year of high school being coerced by my parents to do the "shared time" program with Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute so I could learn a trade because they told me they didn't have the money to put me through college and weren't taking out loans for me. I ended up choosing HVAC (back then it was A/C). I remember at the age of nineteen going to work in my uncle's HVAC business which he founded and my first day he looked me in the eye and said, "You will get no special treatment here but I will make sure you have what all my other employees have... the knowledge and the tools to put in top quality work." And I remember the day my uncle called me into his office nearly twenty years later and told me I was his top field technician which is why he always sent me to the hardest jobs or to the "big fish" clients and that he was hanging up his tools for good and trusted me enough to take over.

Now I own my own business and I'm doing quite well. I'm going to hire whom I feel is the most qualified person for the job, regardless of if they are black, white, yellow, red or blue. For the life of me, I can't understand why I should be forced to interview someone who obviously isn't qualified just because they are a certain race. But that is what the NFL is forcing owners to do with the Rooney Rule. It's THEIR team which makes it THEIR business that they put THEIR time and money into. No outside entity should force race to be a factor, EVER. Period and end of discussion.


My oldest went to Robert Morgan for high school.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
By the way, any “biologists” out there in Phinfever land that can describe to me what a woman is? Because a prospective Supreme Court judge doesn’t have a clue..


A woman is now a guy who can't compete in male sports. Please learn this.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:44 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 738
Rich wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I wanna address the supposed "racism" in hiring.

I disagree with this whole idea of equality, affirmative action, Rooney Rule, etc... It doesn't matter what ethnic background you are, the fact is, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I know in this society, you have your haves and have nots. That's just how it is. I know some people have it worse than others simply because of the neighborhood they live in, family history, etc... I'm part Caucasian/part Hispanic and I grew up in the Westchester area of Miami which is working class. I can remember my dad dragging me out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday saying I'm going with him to cut grass and blow leaves off driveways which he did on weekends to make extra money after working all week maintaining office buildings. I remember being sent to my grandparents for a holiday weekend so my parents could get out of town, and their vacation was a cheap mom and pop hotel near a beach on the Gulf Coast because that's all they could afford. I remember my junior and senior year of high school being coerced by my parents to do the "shared time" program with Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute so I could learn a trade because they told me they didn't have the money to put me through college and weren't taking out loans for me. I ended up choosing HVAC (back then it was A/C). I remember at the age of nineteen going to work in my uncle's HVAC business which he founded and my first day he looked me in the eye and said, "You will get no special treatment here but I will make sure you have what all my other employees have... the knowledge and the tools to put in top quality work." And I remember the day my uncle called me into his office nearly twenty years later and told me I was his top field technician which is why he always sent me to the hardest jobs or to the "big fish" clients and that he was hanging up his tools for good and trusted me enough to take over.

Now I own my own business and I'm doing quite well. I'm going to hire whom I feel is the most qualified person for the job, regardless of if they are black, white, yellow, red or blue. For the life of me, I can't understand why I should be forced to interview someone who obviously isn't qualified just because they are a certain race. But that is what the NFL is forcing owners to do with the Rooney Rule. It's THEIR team which makes it THEIR business that they put THEIR time and money into. No outside entity should force race to be a factor, EVER. Period and end of discussion.


My oldest went to Robert Morgan for high school.


Nice!! I see they have changed it and built a high school right next door and the original building is now Robert Morgan Technical College. Whereas when I was in high school, only the Technical College building existed and kids went to school to learn a trade for half the day and went to their high school for half the day.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Nice!! I see they have changed it and built a high school right next door and the original building is now Robert Morgan Technical College. Whereas when I was in high school, only the Technical College building existed and kids went to school to learn a trade for half the day and went to their high school for half the day.


The high school is a magnet program too. They have culinary, sports medicine, auto mechanic, music etc.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:51 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 738
Rich wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Nice!! I see they have changed it and built a high school right next door and the original building is now Robert Morgan Technical College. Whereas when I was in high school, only the Technical College building existed and kids went to school to learn a trade for half the day and went to their high school for half the day.


The high school is a magnet program too. They have culinary, sports medicine, auto mechanic, music etc.


Oh good. So maybe the Technical College is for adults and the high school is for teens. Gotta keep them separated these days.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 13618
Location: MA
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I wanna address the supposed "racism" in hiring.

I disagree with this whole idea of equality, affirmative action, Rooney Rule, etc... It doesn't matter what ethnic background you are, the fact is, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I know in this society, you have your haves and have nots. That's just how it is. I know some people have it worse than others simply because of the neighborhood they live in, family history, etc... I'm part Caucasian/part Hispanic and I grew up in the Westchester area of Miami which is working class. I can remember my dad dragging me out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday saying I'm going with him to cut grass and blow leaves off driveways which he did on weekends to make extra money after working all week maintaining office buildings. I remember being sent to my grandparents for a holiday weekend so my parents could get out of town, and their vacation was a cheap mom and pop hotel near a beach on the Gulf Coast because that's all they could afford. I remember my junior and senior year of high school being coerced by my parents to do the "shared time" program with Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute so I could learn a trade because they told me they didn't have the money to put me through college and weren't taking out loans for me. I ended up choosing HVAC (back then it was A/C). I remember at the age of nineteen going to work in my uncle's HVAC business which he founded and my first day he looked me in the eye and said, "You will get no special treatment here but I will make sure you have what all my other employees have... the knowledge and the tools to put in top quality work." And I remember the day my uncle called me into his office nearly twenty years later and told me I was his top field technician which is why he always sent me to the hardest jobs or to the "big fish" clients and that he was hanging up his tools for good and trusted me enough to take over.

Now I own my own business and I'm doing quite well. I'm going to hire whom I feel is the most qualified person for the job, regardless of if they are black, white, yellow, red or blue. For the life of me, I can't understand why I should be forced to interview someone who obviously isn't qualified just because they are a certain race. But that is what the NFL is forcing owners to do with the Rooney Rule. It's THEIR team which makes it THEIR business that they put THEIR time and money into. No outside entity should force race to be a factor, EVER. Period and end of discussion.


Awesome post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 13618
Location: MA
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Great post, Art. There is no greater issue of this than what’s going on inside the Supreme Court nomination process right now with Ketanji Jackson..Biden woke up one morning and decided he wanted to check the black and female box. Nobody in democrat land says a peep or mention of Clarence Thomas (black dude) being installed as a SC judge already for decades…yet they don’t care because he doesn’t have that shameful (D) tramp stamp attached to him like a leech.

By the way, any “biologists” out there in Phinfever land that can describe to me what a woman is? Because a prospective Supreme Court judge doesn’t have a clue..


Lets not forget our current president did not want a black female on the SC when the candidate was proposed by the other political party. Funny how that isn't in the news.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:32 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10973
Location: Fargo, ND
I remember how bitterly the democrats fought against Clarence Thomas, the first black Supreme Court Justice. You can take the tape from the Brent K hearing and carbon copy them for ol Clarence. I’ve heard the most vial things from Dems about Ben Carson when he was overseeing HUD, and before that running for president. Don’t get me going on how they treated Vice President Candidate, Sarah Palin. Talk about character assassination.
Dems are only for equality when its their team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm
Posts: 8
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I wanna address the supposed "racism" in hiring.

I disagree with this whole idea of equality, affirmative action, Rooney Rule, etc... It doesn't matter what ethnic background you are, the fact is, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I know in this society, you have your haves and have nots. That's just how it is. I know some people have it worse than others simply because of the neighborhood they live in, family history, etc... I'm part Caucasian/part Hispanic and I grew up in the Westchester area of Miami which is working class. I can remember my dad dragging me out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday saying I'm going with him to cut grass and blow leaves off driveways which he did on weekends to make extra money after working all week maintaining office buildings. I remember being sent to my grandparents for a holiday weekend so my parents could get out of town, and their vacation was a cheap mom and pop hotel near a beach on the Gulf Coast because that's all they could afford. I remember my junior and senior year of high school being coerced by my parents to do the "shared time" program with Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute so I could learn a trade because they told me they didn't have the money to put me through college and weren't taking out loans for me. I ended up choosing HVAC (back then it was A/C). I remember at the age of nineteen going to work in my uncle's HVAC business which he founded and my first day he looked me in the eye and said, "You will get no special treatment here but I will make sure you have what all my other employees have... the knowledge and the tools to put in top quality work." And I remember the day my uncle called me into his office nearly twenty years later and told me I was his top field technician which is why he always sent me to the hardest jobs or to the "big fish" clients and that he was hanging up his tools for good and trusted me enough to take over.

Now I own my own business and I'm doing quite well. I'm going to hire whom I feel is the most qualified person for the job, regardless of if they are black, white, yellow, red or blue. For the life of me, I can't understand why I should be forced to interview someone who obviously isn't qualified just because they are a certain race. But that is what the NFL is forcing owners to do with the Rooney Rule. It's THEIR team which makes it THEIR business that they put THEIR time and money into. No outside entity should force race to be a factor, EVER. Period and end of discussion.
Hey Artie what's up? I had to leave that other place like Dolphster eventually did. It's always been a liberal echo chamber but it's gotten pointless even posting over there anymore. Guess I'll hang out here for a while and check it out.

Anyhow, you're pretty much spot on with this post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8863
Phin wrote:
I remember how bitterly the democrats fought against Clarence Thomas, the first black Supreme Court Justice. You can take the tape from the Brent K hearing and carbon copy them for ol Clarence. I’ve heard the most vial things from Dems about Ben Carson when he was overseeing HUD, and before that running for president. Don’t get me going on how they treated Vice President Candidate, Sarah Palin. Talk about character assassination.
Dems are only for equality when its their team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


I agree with the sentiment of your post but iirc Thurgood Marshall was the first black Supreme Court member.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 738
pondwater wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
I wanna address the supposed "racism" in hiring.

I disagree with this whole idea of equality, affirmative action, Rooney Rule, etc... It doesn't matter what ethnic background you are, the fact is, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. I know in this society, you have your haves and have nots. That's just how it is. I know some people have it worse than others simply because of the neighborhood they live in, family history, etc... I'm part Caucasian/part Hispanic and I grew up in the Westchester area of Miami which is working class. I can remember my dad dragging me out of bed at 6 am on a Saturday saying I'm going with him to cut grass and blow leaves off driveways which he did on weekends to make extra money after working all week maintaining office buildings. I remember being sent to my grandparents for a holiday weekend so my parents could get out of town, and their vacation was a cheap mom and pop hotel near a beach on the Gulf Coast because that's all they could afford. I remember my junior and senior year of high school being coerced by my parents to do the "shared time" program with Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute so I could learn a trade because they told me they didn't have the money to put me through college and weren't taking out loans for me. I ended up choosing HVAC (back then it was A/C). I remember at the age of nineteen going to work in my uncle's HVAC business which he founded and my first day he looked me in the eye and said, "You will get no special treatment here but I will make sure you have what all my other employees have... the knowledge and the tools to put in top quality work." And I remember the day my uncle called me into his office nearly twenty years later and told me I was his top field technician which is why he always sent me to the hardest jobs or to the "big fish" clients and that he was hanging up his tools for good and trusted me enough to take over.

Now I own my own business and I'm doing quite well. I'm going to hire whom I feel is the most qualified person for the job, regardless of if they are black, white, yellow, red or blue. For the life of me, I can't understand why I should be forced to interview someone who obviously isn't qualified just because they are a certain race. But that is what the NFL is forcing owners to do with the Rooney Rule. It's THEIR team which makes it THEIR business that they put THEIR time and money into. No outside entity should force race to be a factor, EVER. Period and end of discussion.
Hey Artie what's up? I had to leave that other place like Dolphster eventually did. It's always been a liberal echo chamber but it's gotten pointless even posting over there anymore. Guess I'll hang out here for a while and check it out.

Anyhow, you're pretty much spot on with this post.


I agree. I'm about done there as well. That place is way too liberal for me. When the site owner claims that "if you have a d**k, you're a dude" is not a politically correct statement, then it's time to go. Glad to see you here.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 7094
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the lounge?
We need to get back to talking about how inept Tua is.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:06 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:26 pm
Posts: 159
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Great post, Art. There is no greater issue of this than what’s going on inside the Supreme Court nomination process right now with Ketanji Jackson..Biden woke up one morning and decided he wanted to check the black and female box. Nobody in democrat land says a peep or mention of Clarence Thomas (black dude) being installed as a SC judge already for decades…yet they don’t care because he doesn’t have that shameful (D) tramp stamp attached to him like a leech.

By the way, any “biologists” out there in Phinfever land that can describe to me what a woman is? Because a prospective Supreme Court judge doesn’t have a clue..
When Trump woke up announced that he would find a woman to put on the court did you have a problem with that? Or is the fact that Biden chose a qualified Black woman the issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:01 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10973
Location: Fargo, ND
AQNOR wrote:
Phin wrote:
I remember how bitterly the democrats fought against Clarence Thomas, the first black Supreme Court Justice. You can take the tape from the Brent K hearing and carbon copy them for ol Clarence. I’ve heard the most vial things from Dems about Ben Carson when he was overseeing HUD, and before that running for president. Don’t get me going on how they treated Vice President Candidate, Sarah Palin. Talk about character assassination.
Dems are only for equality when its their team.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


I agree with the sentiment of your post but iirc Thurgood Marshall was the first black Supreme Court member.

My bad. You are correct


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:06 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 10165
Great post Art.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
vcu2000 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Great post, Art. There is no greater issue of this than what’s going on inside the Supreme Court nomination process right now with Ketanji Jackson..Biden woke up one morning and decided he wanted to check the black and female box. Nobody in democrat land says a peep or mention of Clarence Thomas (black dude) being installed as a SC judge already for decades…yet they don’t care because he doesn’t have that shameful (D) tramp stamp attached to him like a leech.

By the way, any “biologists” out there in Phinfever land that can describe to me what a woman is? Because a prospective Supreme Court judge doesn’t have a clue..
When Trump woke up announced that he would find a woman to put on the court did you have a problem with that? Or is the fact that Biden chose a qualified Black woman the issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


Her argument for not being able to define the word "woman" was that she was not a biologist.

Supreme Court justices have to give opinions on things they are not experts on all of the time.

Is she just going to recuse herself from every case because she isn't an expert in the matter being discussed? If a case about weather comes up, will she recuse herself because she is not a meteorologist? If a case regarding a restaurant comes up, will she recuse herself for not being a chef?

There are also several federal laws designed to protect the rights of women. How can she interpret these laws without knowing the definition of a woman? Every legal agreement starts with the definition of terms contained within the agreement. You have to know the meaning of words in order to apply the law to them. This is a very slippery slope.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
vcu2000 wrote:
When Trump woke up announced that he would find a woman to put on the court did you have a problem with that? Or is the fact that Biden chose a qualified Black woman the issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


I brought up Clarence Thomas being a shining saint of a man who is an unmentionable among the (D) kids yet the race card is still a valid excuse in your head. In one ear, out the other.

Image

Trump could’ve broken Nelson Mandela out of prison decades back and still be called a rayciss by western liberal airheads that don’t understand that words actually matter, to Rich’s point here:

Rich wrote:
Every legal agreement starts with the definition of terms contained within the agreement. You have to know the meaning of words in order to apply the law to them. This is a very slippery slope.


If people don’t understand the weight of the Supreme Court, I don’t give a **** what color you are. If you can’t define what a woman is & respond with elementary BS saying …uh, dunno bruhhh…I’m not a biologist…you shouldn’t even hold a gavel in a small county let alone be anointed Queenship on the highest court.

Unfortunately she is among many in that regard in modern America and guess what…most that share that kinda ideology are white (GASP) so spare me the BS. Screw standards though when the media has so many drunk on race and not critical thought, must be my raycism talking.

Liberals treat everything with the level of respect and focus you give a high school pep rally. I don’t know why I waste energy on this crap anymore, the country is already lost, may as well cut the seatbelt and enjoy the final ride into insanity. If ya don’t laugh, you cry.

FINesse wrote:
Maybe this thread needs to be moved to the lounge?
We need to get back to talking about how inept Tua is.


Agreed.

Tua sucks. What is John Beck’s son up to nowadays?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8863
vcu2000 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Great post, Art. There is no greater issue of this than what’s going on inside the Supreme Court nomination process right now with Ketanji Jackson..Biden woke up one morning and decided he wanted to check the black and female box. Nobody in democrat land says a peep or mention of Clarence Thomas (black dude) being installed as a SC judge already for decades…yet they don’t care because he doesn’t have that shameful (D) tramp stamp attached to him like a leech.

By the way, any “biologists” out there in Phinfever land that can describe to me what a woman is? Because a prospective Supreme Court judge doesn’t have a clue..
When Trump woke up announced that he would find a woman to put on the court did you have a problem with that? Or is the fact that Biden chose a qualified Black woman the issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


At least Trump knows what a woman is, I wonder how the current nominee would handle a challenge to the 19th amendment to the constitution. I am sure Tua supports the 19th amendment.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 8284
vcu2000 wrote:
When Trump woke up announced that he would find a woman to put on the court did you have a problem with that? Or is the fact that Biden chose a qualified Black woman the issue?

Qualified being the key word in that comment.

The biggest con job ever, is politicians standing around talking about how people should not look at race or sex, while being in the most racist and sexist occupation EVER!!!

An occupation where they break down, what do black women think, what do Hispanic women think, what do Oriental women think and finally what do white women think about such and such policy.

The public is being played, because the general public are idiots.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals? Maybe it is different for other sports? I just pulled this number out of the hat, and I'm sure it isn't that high. However, based on comments that make it evident, it is probably closer to 100%.

I know I'm not going to put forth any opinions about such things here, since I have already been branded an idiot by half of you! I spend enough time on those discussions on FB -- I come here to get away from it!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8863
Since I started this thread I am going to take the initiative to move this to the lounge area as it has become more political than Phins football and I certainly have been a part of that.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 24578
Location: Raleigh, NC
AQNOR wrote:
Since I started this thread I am going to take the initiative to move this to the lounge area as it has become more political than Phins football and I certainly have been a part of that.


Thanks, Mark.

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:45 am 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 738
prof123 wrote:
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals?


Try visiting The Dolphins Make Me Cry. You have a bunch of liberal fukktards on that site including the site owner.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
prof123 wrote:
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals? Maybe it is different for other sports? I just pulled this number out of the hat, and I'm sure it isn't that high. However, based on comments that make it evident, it is probably closer to 100%.

I know I'm not going to put forth any opinions about such things here, since I have already been branded an idiot by half of you! I spend enough time on those discussions on FB -- I come here to get away from it!


Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

I know both sides are digging in further and further into their holes, but I would think something this simple would make sense to everyone. Instead people rush to defend this ridiculous answer if they support a more leftward leaning ideology. But I am sure secretly many of these people are cringing at such an idiotic response.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 8863
Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals? Maybe it is different for other sports? I just pulled this number out of the hat, and I'm sure it isn't that high. However, based on comments that make it evident, it is probably closer to 100%.

I know I'm not going to put forth any opinions about such things here, since I have already been branded an idiot by half of you! I spend enough time on those discussions on FB -- I come here to get away from it!


Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

I know both sides are digging in further and further into their holes, but I would think something this simple would make sense to everyone. Instead people rush to defend this ridiculous answer if they support a more leftward leaning ideology. But I am sure secretly many of these people are cringing at such an idiotic response.


I hope you are correct Rich but sides seem to be more important than common sense.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
Rich wrote:
Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

I know both sides are digging in further and further into their holes, but I would think something this simple would make sense to everyone. Instead people rush to defend this ridiculous answer if they support a more leftward leaning ideology. But I am sure secretly many of these people are cringing at such an idiotic response.


From my perspective, it was a total "gotcha" question. Seriously, what was the purpose of the question other than to try to make some subset of the population upset with her. This question was one like the Pharisees would ask Jesus. She realized this and tried to deflect; admittedly it wasn't a great response. If she had more time, should could have answered better. Perhaps she just should have said, "Why do you ask?" There are lots of different answers, depending on where one is coming from. Was she really supposed to get into all that here?

You guys tell me. What was the right response? Any person who has XX chromosomes? Any person with breasts? Any person with a vagina? Anyone who identifies as a female with regard to gender? Any person with testosterone below a certain level? Or estrogen above a certain level? I, for one, don't know those levels. I'd ask a biologist, too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

I know both sides are digging in further and further into their holes, but I would think something this simple would make sense to everyone. Instead people rush to defend this ridiculous answer if they support a more leftward leaning ideology. But I am sure secretly many of these people are cringing at such an idiotic response.


From my perspective, it was a total "gotcha" question. Seriously, what was the purpose of the question other than to try to make some subset of the population upset with her. This question was one like the Pharisees would ask Jesus. She realized this and tried to deflect; admittedly it wasn't a great response. If she had more time, should could have answered better. Perhaps she just should have said, "Why do you ask?" There are lots of different answers, depending on where one is coming from. Was she really supposed to get into all that here?

You guys tell me. What was the right response? Any person who has XX chromosomes? Any person with breasts? Any person with a vagina? Anyone who identifies as a female with regard to gender? Any person with testosterone below a certain level? Or estrogen above a certain level? I, for one, don't know those levels. I'd ask a biologist, too.


The correct answer is an adult female human being as per defined in any reputable english language dictionary.

There is no other answer to this. It wasn't a gotcha question. In fact, the senator that asked it basically gave the nominee a heads up that it was coming. So she actually had time to prepare for this.

The problem is when people want to redefine words based on their personal feelings. This is silly and dangerous.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
Rich wrote:

The correct answer is an adult female human being as per defined in any reputable english language dictionary.

There is no other answer to this. It wasn't a gotcha question. In fact, the senator that asked it basically gave the nominee a heads up that it was coming. So she actually had time to prepare for this.

The problem is when people want to redefine words based on their personal feelings. This is silly and dangerous.


If she had said "an adult female human", the follow-up would have been "What is your definition of female?" It was totally a "gotcha" question. If she gave the answer that most people (i.e., those who think that sex is ALWAYS determined at birth, that sex is binary, that sex and gender are the same thing, and that neither ever changes) think is the obvious one, then she would have pissed off all those who think that none of those four things are true.

I can assure you that she knows the subtleties involved in the various definitions of sex and gender. One can major in gender studies at any large university, and I'm sure she didn't graduate from Harvard without having a class or two! One may think it is all a big waste of time, of course, but that doesn't change the fact that many people have very different notions on such things. This question, then, was really the questioner taking a poke at a specific world view that he doesn't appreciate or respect. It wasn't about her at all.

I want a Supreme Court justice who understands nuance and who recognizes that context matters. If everything was black and white, err..., cut and dry, we wouldn't need nine justices. One would be sufficient. Ideally, I think the Supreme court should consist of three liberals, three moderates, and three conservatives. Given the justices Trump appointed, the next one should be a liberal and all the world views that go along with it. She qualifies.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
prof123 wrote:
If she had said "an adult female human", the follow-up would have been "What is your definition of female?" It was totally a "gotcha" question. If she gave the answer that most people (i.e., those who think that sex is ALWAYS determined at birth, that sex is binary, that sex and gender are the same thing, and that neither ever changes) think is the obvious one, then she would have pissed off all those who think that none of those four things are true.

I can assure you that she knows the subtleties involved in the various definitions of sex and gender. One can major in gender studies at any large university, and I'm sure she didn't graduate from Harvard without having a class or two! One may think it is all a big waste of time, of course, but that doesn't change the fact that many people have very different notions on such things. This question, then, was really the questioner taking a poke at a specific world view that he doesn't appreciate or respect. It wasn't about her at all.

I want a Supreme Court justice who understands nuance and who recognizes that context matters. If everything was black and white, err..., cut and dry, we wouldn't need nine justices. One would be sufficient. Ideally, I think the Supreme court should consist of three liberals, three moderates, and three conservatives. Given the justices Trump appointed, the next one should be a liberal and all the world views that go along with it. She qualifies.


Why does she care if she pisses off people who didn't nominate or are not going to confirm her? They are not going to decide her fate. She would have pissed off a very narrow spectrum of the American public who is busy making up what... like 70 different genders now? Instead she is getting ridiculed by a larger group of the American public because she is either too stupid or too afraid to answer a simple question. She doesn't care either way because neither of these people will decide her fate. A president appointed her and a narrow majority of partisans will confirm her. That's all she should care about.

Jurisprudence shouldn't be about ideology, but about interpretation of the law. That's the job of the judicial branch. It is not to legislate. The fact that she can't or won't answer that question makes me believe she is purely an ideologue who will legislate from the bench.

That and the fact that she continued giving pedophiles light sentences who *gasp* became repeat offenders against recommendations from prosecutors and sentencing guidelines, which is probably the bigger issue I have with her.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1241
Rich wrote:

Why does she care if she pisses off people who didn't nominate or are not going to confirm her? They are not going to decide her fate. She would have pissed off a very narrow spectrum of the American public who is busy making up what... like 70 different genders now? Instead she is getting ridiculed by a larger group of the American public because she is either too stupid or too afraid to answer a simple question. She doesn't care either way because neither of these people will decide her fate. A president appointed her and a narrow majority of partisans will confirm her. That's all she should care about.

Jurisprudence shouldn't be about ideology, but about interpretation of the law. That's the job of the judicial branch. It is not to legislate. The fact that she can't or won't answer that question makes me believe she is purely an ideologue who will legislate from the bench.

That and the fact that she continued giving pedophiles light sentences who *gasp* became repeat offenders against recommendations from prosecutors and sentencing guidelines, which is probably the bigger issue I have with her.


It isn't good practice to piss any group of people off, and for that reason she should have given a better answer (as I said before). But I'm sure she was exasperated from answering silly questions from people with IQs at least a standard deviation below hers. Maintaining grace and calmness during such a charade is very hard to do.

I don't think you need to worry about her legislating from the bench. She is actually somewhat conservative in her view of how to interpret the constitution: it should be read as was originally intended and judges are not supposed to be activists.

Regarding your last comment, I had no problems with them asking her questions about her sentencing of pedophiles. Those questions are at least relevant. I'm with you regarding a desire to have harsh sentencing in those cases. However, from what I've read, Jackson's sentencing was pretty mainstream in the spectrum of judges, often going with what prosecutor's recommended. I'm not saying that is good -- just pointing out that much of the criticism is political gamesmanship.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 27752
Location: Miami, FL
prof123 wrote:
I don't think you need to worry about her legislating from the bench. She is actually somewhat conservative in her view of how to interpret the constitution: it should be read as was originally intended and judges are not supposed to be activists.


All these judges answer the question the same way. Some, like Sotomayor, then deviate and become activist judges.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm
Posts: 8
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals?


Try visiting The Dolphins Make Me Cry. You have a bunch of liberal fukktards on that site including the site owner.

Yeah, no shii. I think you and CF are the only ones left over there that actually post your true opinions. Anyone else over there remotely conservative have left never to return. Or rarely post and when they do they're walking on eggshells and simping the owner and his crony mods.

Want to see something funny. All you guys go over there and post your conservative views. Those self described "radical" liberals would probably freak out and start hitting themselves in the face with bricks and screaming at the sky, LMFAO...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm
Posts: 8
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:

The correct answer is an adult female human being as per defined in any reputable english language dictionary.

There is no other answer to this. It wasn't a gotcha question. In fact, the senator that asked it basically gave the nominee a heads up that it was coming. So she actually had time to prepare for this.

The problem is when people want to redefine words based on their personal feelings. This is silly and dangerous.


If she had said "an adult female human", the follow-up would have been "What is your definition of female?" It was totally a "gotcha" question. If she gave the answer that most people (i.e., those who think that sex is ALWAYS determined at birth, that sex is binary, that sex and gender are the same thing, and that neither ever changes) think is the obvious one, then she would have pissed off all those who think that none of those four things are true.

I can assure you that she knows the subtleties involved in the various definitions of sex and gender. One can major in gender studies at any large university, and I'm sure she didn't graduate from Harvard without having a class or two! One may think it is all a big waste of time, of course, but that doesn't change the fact that many people have very different notions on such things. This question, then, was really the questioner taking a poke at a specific world view that he doesn't appreciate or respect. It wasn't about her at all.

I want a Supreme Court justice who understands nuance and who recognizes that context matters. If everything was black and white, err..., cut and dry, we wouldn't need nine justices. One would be sufficient. Ideally, I think the Supreme court should consist of three liberals, three moderates, and three conservatives. Given the justices Trump appointed, the next one should be a liberal and all the world views that go along with it. She qualifies.
Most of life is in the grey area. However, certain things are black and white. You don't get to choose being born, species, sex, race, eventually dying, etc. Aside from a very small percentage of people born intersex or some other anomaly, sex is binary.

As much as the left labels themselves and the party of "truth and facts". The real world truth and fact is that physically your sex is what your sex is. You can't change it. But then that brings us to the liberal talking point that "sex and gender aren't the same". Which is all fine and good. However, if you're physically a male and "THINK" you're a female. That's some kind of mental issue not rooted in reality. Your mental capacity isn't matching up with your physical reality. At the end of the day, words have meanings and definitions. That's the whole point of language.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm
Posts: 8
Rich wrote:
prof123 wrote:
Rich wrote:
Should your ideology matter when you have someone who can't provide the definition of things because they argue not having a degree or certification in the field that encompasses those things makes them unqualified?

I know both sides are digging in further and further into their holes, but I would think something this simple would make sense to everyone. Instead people rush to defend this ridiculous answer if they support a more leftward leaning ideology. But I am sure secretly many of these people are cringing at such an idiotic response.


From my perspective, it was a total "gotcha" question. Seriously, what was the purpose of the question other than to try to make some subset of the population upset with her. This question was one like the Pharisees would ask Jesus. She realized this and tried to deflect; admittedly it wasn't a great response. If she had more time, should could have answered better. Perhaps she just should have said, "Why do you ask?" There are lots of different answers, depending on where one is coming from. Was she really supposed to get into all that here?

You guys tell me. What was the right response? Any person who has XX chromosomes? Any person with breasts? Any person with a vagina? Anyone who identifies as a female with regard to gender? Any person with testosterone below a certain level? Or estrogen above a certain level? I, for one, don't know those levels. I'd ask a biologist, too.


The correct answer is an adult female human being as per defined in any reputable english language dictionary.

There is no other answer to this. It wasn't a gotcha question. In fact, the senator that asked it basically gave the nominee a heads up that it was coming. So she actually had time to prepare for this.

The problem is when people want to redefine words based on their personal feelings. This is silly and dangerous.


This is the root of the problem. The redefinition and/or elimination of words based on feelings. There are so many examples that come to mind. Really it's just moving the goalposts to implicate your political opponent.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:39 pm
Posts: 738
pondwater wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals?


Try visiting The Dolphins Make Me Cry. You have a bunch of liberal fukktards on that site including the site owner.

Yeah, no shii. I think you and CF are the only ones left over there that actually post your true opinions. Anyone else over there remotely conservative have left never to return. Or rarely post and when they do they're walking on eggshells and simping the owner and his crony mods.

Want to see something funny. All you guys go over there and post your conservative views. Those self described "radical" liberals would probably freak out and start hitting themselves in the face with bricks and screaming at the sky, LMFAO...


Or in the case of Dave, Fau, Spider, or Hoodie, just hit the ban button


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 8001
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
prof123 wrote:
But I'm sure she was exasperated from answering silly questions from people with IQs at least a standard deviation below hers. Maintaining grace and calmness during such a charade is very hard to do.


If this was a charade, how would you define the democratic vulture pack picking apart Kavanaugh like roadkill back in Sept of 2018? Do you drink beer on weekdays? Huh? Do ya punk? Corey Booker is a national travesty treasure.

:haha

I don’t identify with either party but from the outside looking in, Republicans are only matching the ridiculous tone the left has set for years now. Kinda like Newton’s Law. The left only amps up the volume of their own absurdities every single year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm
Posts: 8
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
pondwater wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:
prof123 wrote:
How come it seems like 95% of posters on football forums are conservatives/libertarians, or at least anti-liberals?


Try visiting The Dolphins Make Me Cry. You have a bunch of liberal fukktards on that site including the site owner.

Yeah, no shii. I think you and CF are the only ones left over there that actually post your true opinions. Anyone else over there remotely conservative have left never to return. Or rarely post and when they do they're walking on eggshells and simping the owner and his crony mods.

Want to see something funny. All you guys go over there and post your conservative views. Those self described "radical" liberals would probably freak out and start hitting themselves in the face with bricks and screaming at the sky, LMFAO...


Or in the case of Dave, Fau, Spider, or Hoodie, just hit the ban button
Nah, they didn't ban me. They just keep deleting my posts. So why post anymore?

Dave used to be sort of OK and I kind of liked him. Even though from time to time he was a bit emotional and hormonal like an 11 year old girl. But he's gotten worse over time, that liberal crap will rot your brain once you go too deep into the rabbit hole.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-04:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r